Sunday, October 21, 2007

The first, at long last

glistening
My photographs are All Rights Reserved

New direction, new blog.

I haven't had a blog in quite some time. I have had my interest in photography for a long time. I have only been indulging it seriously for the past few months but I have already seen great improvement.

Mostly my subjects are flowers and other wonders found in nature, hence the title of this blog. I take mostly closeup pictures, because I enjoy the details of the various flowers. I have been known to take pictures of things I am less fond of, such as spiders and insects too. Landscapes, sunsets, and architecture of all kinds also catch my eye and may find their way into my blog. I have an account at flickr which I have had for a few years if you'd like to check it out. I mention this mostly so that anyone who stumbles across this site will know that any photographs seen here are more than likely cross-posted and not stolen. I am also working on creating watermarks to help prevent theft of my work, just fyi. I have already learned the importance of copying and registering each and every photo I post online, so I am well prepared to deal with any potential problems. That said, I am anxious to share some of my pictures with the world and I'm hoping this will be the perfect place to indulge myself. I also hope anyone who stumbles in here will enjoy what they see and feel comfortable enough to leave a comment behind.

No comments: